WILDFIRE IS COMING! ARE YOU READY?
The BMMD* is offering Wildernest property owner(s) up to $1,000 of matching grant money to create defensible space around your home.
Creating defensible space is essential to improve your home’s chance of surviving a wildfire. It’s the buffer you create between a building on your property and the grass, trees, shrubs, or any wildland area that surround it. This space is needed to slow or stop the spread of wildfire and it protects your home from catching fire—either from direct flame contact or radiant heat. Contact BMMD today to schedule a free on‐site evaluation. Phone: 970‐513‐1300, Email: email@example.com
*This program is made possible through a wildfire mitigation grant from Summit County Government.
· BMMD will pay for defensible space work up to $1,000 of matching funds to be paid directly to a licensed landscape company and/or tree contractor.
· Initial on-site property evaluation meeting with BMMD staff is required.
· Property owner must obtain two estimates from a licensed landscape company and/or tree contractor.
· Before and after photo evidence is mandatory.
· Property owner must agree to participate in Summit County noxious weed reduction program.
· Final meeting on-site with BMMD staff when work completed.
· Property owner sends copy of contractor invoice to BMMD.
· BMMD will issue payment directly to the Contractor up to $1,000.
· The property owner will be responsible to pay the invoice balance directly to the Contractor.
· Grant money will be available on a first come first serve basis until funds are depleted.