The Buffalo Mountain Metropolitan District is governed by a five member Board of Directors elected for overlapping terms in May of even-numbered years. Starting with the term of 2022, elections will be changed to odd-numbered years.
Joseph Newhart - Term Expires 2022
Joe received a B.S. in Geology from The Ohio State University in 1969. He served on active duty as a naval officer in the United States Naval Reserve from 1969 through 1972 in the Western Pacific and Iceland. He returned to Ohio to pursue graduate work in geophysics; and received a M.S. in Geology from Bowling Green State University in 1975.
He joined Exxon Company U.S.A. in 1975 and held a variety of technical and managerial assignments in petroleum exploration and production covering Alaska, the Rocky Mountain region, and Southeastern U.S. In 1990, He transferred to Exxon Production Research Company to lead an exploration study of Eastern Europe to investigate petroleum opportunities in the former Warsaw-Pact nations. In 1992, He became coordinator of geoscience technology advisors for Exxon's worldwide exploration efforts. He has held positions as Geoscience Exploration Manager for Esso Norge, Geoscience Technical Manager for Exxon Ventures CIS, Inc. and New Venture Development Manager with ExxonMobil Exploration Company. In November 2002, He accepted the position as President of ExxonMobil Ventures Mexico Limited in Mexico City with responsibility for development of new petroleum exploration and development opportunities in Mexico. He retired from ExxonMobil in March 2006.
He is an active member of the American Association of Petroleum Geologists, American Geophysical Union, European Association of Geoscientists and Engineers, Geological Society of America, and the Rocky Mountain Association of Geologists. He has served as technical committee member and technical session chairperson for technical conferences in Istanbul, Baku, and Mexico.
He currently serves as an Alternate Member of the Lower Blue Planning Commission for Summit County, Colorado. He is a member of the Executive Dean’s Advisory Committee for the College of Arts and Sciences and Chair of the Alumni Advisory Board for the School of Earth Sciences of The Ohio State University. He, also, volunteers with the Friends of the Dillon Ranger District of the White River National Forest, as Summer Ranger Patrol and conducts educational geological tours. He has served on the Resource Advisory Council for the Bureau of Land Management in NW Colorado. He, also, served on the Board and as President of volunteer fire department. He is currently serving a four-year term on the Buffalo Mountain Metro District Board as President in Summit County, Colorado.
Cheryl Breeman - Term Expires 2023
- President, Teller Townhomes Homeowners Association
- President, Homes at Buffalo Mountain
- Board Member, Buffalo Mountain Metro District
- Board Member, Vista Montana Homeowners Association
- Member, Summit County Sign Review Commission
- Land Surveyor, US Forest Service
- Land Surveyor, Colorado Department of Highways
- Grade Checker/Equipment Operator, Stan Miller Excavating
- Special Education Preschool Teacher, Summit School District
- Senior Consultant Colorado Preschool Program, Colorado Department of Education
- Federal reviewer for DLH, Head Start programs nationwide including territories
Raoul Pietri, Jr. - Term Expires 2022
Raoul moved to Colorado in 1985 on an internship at Keystone resort after studying ski area management in the upper peninsula of Michigan. He has extensive experience as a resident property manager at multiple condominium complexes throughout the county and years as an executive chef and service management at several Summit County restaurants.
Since 1998 he has owned Stage Coach Luxury Limousine Inc. out of Breckenridge and has continuously provided 1st class quality transportation services to the Summit County and Vail area ever since.
Raoul has lived in Wildernest and owned his property in the BMMD District for the past 19 years.
Christopher K. Dorton - Term Expires 2023
- BS Degree University of Florida
- Advanced designations in finance and planning The American College 1996-97
- Executive Officer – US Army Field Artillery 1970-74
- 20+ years in banking and financial services
- Last 10 as Senior VP with Wells Fargo with an emphasis in cash flow, long range planning and taxation
- 3 years as VP of Hideaway HOA, Silverthorne. Responsible for planning and oversight of multiple large projects including total roofing of development and liaison with contractors.
- Resident property owner in Wildernest July 2013 - present
Josh Shramo - Term Expires 2022
To contact our one of our Directors, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.